Thursday 2 May 2013

PHOTOGRAPHIC PORTRAITS OF ARTISTS by Jane Stillwell


EXHIBITION IN CHIPPING NORTON: PHOTOGRAPHIC PORTRAITS OF ARTISTS 
by Jane Stillwell

AS almost 1,000 artists prepare to open their doors to the public for Oxfordshire Artweeks, photographer Jane Stillwell has gone behind the scenes to discover what inspires some of the painters, sculptors, designers and potters taking part.  Mrs Stillwell, of Great Rollright, said: “I took my camera out into the villages around Banbury and Chipping Norton to discover the activities that provide the inspiration for our local designer-makers.

“All the artists were delighted to be involved – although taking photos on the hoof was quite a challenge at times.  I photographed over 40 local artists in their own environments. When I went to meet many of them I didn’t know what to expect when I got there. I hadn’t met many of them before and then, from a quick chat, had to capture their passion and inspiration with a sense of fun and that twinkle in their eye.”

As a result, artists are captured doing everything from riding a hobby horse to hugging trees and cows and wearing masks.


The complete project can be viewed online at: www.janesphotography.com/albums/album.php?s=window-on-the-north